Just sitting here trying to get this fab new laptop to bend to my will, swilling coffee, and boppin’ to “Popmuzik” by that 80’s band, M.
What I should be doing is:
1. Folding the Mount Everest of clean laundry I did between coats of paint in the LR this weekend (honestly, how does that kid go through so much clothing in a week? Of course all us moms know it’s because she pulls stuff out and never puts it away, and after it’s been in the hamper a few days, there’s no telling what’s clean or dirty. By then it’s all stinky.)
2. Putting away all the painting paraphernalia. Oh, did I tell you? After smearing nearly 18 different paint samples in various shades of brown, blue, green, gold, and grey, on our living room walls, we chose this loverly shade of pale aqua green-grey called “Bali.” In our LR it’s a bit bluer than the online swatch, kinda like a dirty Tiffany’s box.” Captain Romance stated it was “a bold choice,” but what is life if I don’t ever do anything bold? In case you’re interested:
3. Paying Bills. I don’t think I need to say anything about that.
4. Reorganizing the Guest Room, the office, our bedroom, and the Bug’s room.
5. Scouring Bathrooms, vacuuming, yada yada.
6. Walking on the treadmill. The pool is smirking at me as I type this. Having had Portillo’s last night for dinner didn’t help.
7. Reading the “Missing Manual” book I bought to help me figure out how the heck to get my photos from iphoto onto this blog, instead of trying random stuff. That trying random stuff always always gets me in trouble. I’ve had to “force quit” Safari twice now since I’m having so much trouble. Good thing I have an appointment this week at the Apple store for a lesson.
8. Finishing Papa’s Birthday Socks. And a couple of other UFO cardigans.
9. Starting a summery shawl. Gotta catch up to Darling Cuz! Hard to sit at Mama and Papa’s house, sip gin and tonics on the porch if I don’t have a shawl to wear! And I keep giving away the shawls I make. 🙂
Well, I figure if I sit here long enough, I’ll be able to add a 10th thing I should be doing to my list: drinking a glass of Pinot and dancing around to “The Look of Love.” Hmm. Like that idea.