Time does funny things in my mind sometimes.
For instance, ever since I entered grade school, the “new year” has begun for me in September instead of January.
What did it? Was it the smell of freshly sharpened new #2 pencils and clean spiral notebooks, or proudly carrying a brand new metal HR Puf’n’Stuf lunchbox, and finally plucking new shoes from their tissue filled box and tying them on? Was it the excitement of meeting my new teacher, or finding out if I was going to be sitting close to my best friend–note-passing close. Was it the opportunity I felt being given the chance once again to show I was I a good student? The starting fresh from zero? Clean slate fresh?
Ever since those years, ages past the days when I’d be packing my car to head back to college, every September that sense of fresh, new opportunity gives me a poke, as though to say, “Here’s another chance. Let’s go.”
With that in mind, I decided to make a list, in a very public way, of some of the things that are most important to me to accomplish in the upcoming year:
10. Sew a bunch of aprons and hobo bags in vintagey fabrics (which I already have)
9. Take new pictures of jewelry for Etsy and my website
8. Lose 20 pounds…again (yarn diet does not count)
7. Work out at least 4x per week
6. Meditate daily (but not while working out)
5. Plan and start mini renovation on this old house
4. Open new TalismanKnits shop on Etsy to sell knitterly jewelry and stitch markers
3. Finish 1 knitting project per month (2 if small) (utilizing stash only)
2. Blog at least 2x per week
1. Finish novel and send out queries
Wish me luck! 🙂 So it’s a bit ambitious and optimistic. But I feel like I can and I’m gonna try like hell to do it all.