What was tough for us was that we have a funky old Midcentury Eichler house, which we adore, however it has some unusual space limitations. If we got a toilet that was even a half inch too long, the bathroom door wouldn’t close, and…well, you can imagine.
Well, luckily my DH and I have similar taste (DD is another story entirely. She’s into anything Victorian. Which is fine if that’s what we lived in…) so choosing the toilet was easy, given our space/budget limitations. Finding a Kohler Santa Rosa toilet in stock was another. After 4 hours, 7 mega-hardware stores, lunch, and filling up the car because we were out of gas, we had success.
And since there was plenty of driving-knitting time, I finished my forest canopy shawl–Yippee!
I must admit I was a bit disappointed that I wound up with quite a bit of leftover yarn. This surprised me because many of the shawls made on Ravelry had their makers noting that they used all but a couple of yards on their shawls.
I actually could’ve made another full repeat or two of the pattern. By the time I was 5 rows into the edging, I realized this, but with no lifeline, and with no desire to unknit 975 stitches, I decided to simply add 4 more /rows/repeats of the edging to give me just a bit more length and use up a bit more yarn. I know this is supposed to be a shoulder shawl, but I was hoping it’d be a little longer. Well, here she is, all blocked and loverly…
Next up will be finishing my Lion Collar Cardigan by the fabulous Wendy Bernard (though I’m not going to do the collar…just wait and see what I’m gonna do–hope it works), and then I’ll have to figure out what the heck I’m gonna make next.
Oh trials! LOL
The good thing about my current stash (thanks to enrichment from the recent Stitches West) is that no matter what economic difficulties come up over the next year, I will have knitting projects! Yeah hey for my stash! 🙂